IMPLAN Pro's settings and defaults can be altered using the User Preferences menu located in the File menu of the Standard Bar.
There are 4 User Options:
1. Select the number (up to 10) of models that will display when
is highlighted. By default, 5 models will be displayed. To change this, click on the desired number in the drop down menu and .
2. Checking this box launches Microsoft Excel whenever a table is exported from IMPLAN V3.1 to Excel so that the table is immediately available to review or print.
3. Checking this box turns on/off the data year prompt that launches when the software is open if you have set the default Event year to a year that differs from your computer's clock year.
4. This box is selected by default. When this box is selected, the software will notify you on startup if updates for the software have been released. If you do not want to be notified when updates are released for IMPLAN Version 3.1 software, uncheck this box.
MODEL CONSTRUCTION OPTIONS:
There are 4 Model Construction Options. These mirror many of the options available in the Options > Construct menu. While these options are more limited than the Construct menu options, changes made in User Preferences will become the default model building settings (i.e. all future models will be built with the selection made in this screen).
1. When selected, the software reads and compiles information that defines the Study Area (e.g., a group of counties). No other parts of the Social Accounts are built, and therefore some aspects of the Model Overview screen will be left incomplete.
will be unchecked in the Select Data Files screen. Once the model is built the progress bar will indicate that
2. Compiles Study Area information and constructs Industry x Commodity Social Accounts. IxC accounts are used to calculate imports and exports, completing the Model Overview information. will be unchecked in the Select Data Files screen.
Once the model is built the progress bar will indicate that
3. Builds Study Area information, IxC Social Accounts, and Industry x Industry Social Accounts. will be unchecked in the Select Data Files screen. Once the model is built, the progress bar will indicate that
4. is the default setting, as models must be built through Multipliers in order to be used for analyses. This option creates complete Social Accounts and a Multiplier model.
Three options are available for estimating domestic imports and exports:
1. is the default option. Information on gross county-to-county imports and exports from the IMPLAN National Trade Flows Model (NTFM) is used to estimate Regional Purchase Coefficients and other trade data for the Study Area. Multi-Regional Analysis requires this setting.
2. uses the same econometric equations to estimate Regional Purchase Coefficients and other trade data for the Study Area as IMPLAN Pro 2.0.
3. applies the classic maximum internal trade assumption to estimate Regional Purchase Coefficients and other trade data for the Study Area.
In the Multipliers tab, you can determine how the induced Multiplier is defined. By default all Household types are included.
On the Analysis tab, you can select which features of the IMPLAN software to enable and select the default Event Year.
Changing the resets the value used for the current year of all Activities created after the change is made. This is not retroactive. IMPLAN V3.1 will select the current year indicated by your PC's internal clock unless otherwise specified.
A model must be open for the screen to display. If no model is open the screen will be blank.
When is selected only the Analyze tasks will display. Basic Modeling hides many of the advanced features of the IMPLAN Version 3.1 software system.
When is selected you will have the option to open the Advanced settings.
When certain User Preferences are changed, the model will ask the user if the update should be applied to the current model.
To apply it to the open model, click Yes. New settings applied to a currently open model will require that the model be rebuilt. No returns to the User Preferences tabs. In order to save the new settings, select Apply or OK.
The Restore Default Settings button will return all changed User Preferences selections back to the original default settings. The model will need to be reconstructed.